Twenty years experience teaching exercise classes and the Feldenkrais Method® in the United States, Mexico and Switzerland. Worked with sports teams and groups of all sizes. Strong motivational skills and dynamic personality.
Summary of Teaching Experience
- Teaching Pilates mat classes from 2004 to present.
- Teaching Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement® classes to groups and individuals from 1994 to present.
- Introduced Swiss National Handball Team to stretch techniques and non-impact cardiovascular exercise.
- Led stretch, aerobics and cardiovascular exercise classes at local fitness center in USA and Mexico.
- Introduced and trained studio owners and exercise instructors on the proper way to teach cardiovascular and stretch exercises in USA and Mexico.
Training & Professional Development
- Ongoing: Pilates and Feldenkrais® movement class instruction and development
- 2003 – 2004: Turning Point Studios Pilates Teacher Training
- 1996 – 1999: Two Feldenkrais Method® Functional Integration Teacher Certificates
- 1993: The Feldenkrais Method® Movement Awareness Teacher
- 1986: The Marli Maethod of Non-Impact Aerobics Intensive Training with founder
- 1985: American Council on Exercise/Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- 2009 – Present: Intern Candidate through MA Program in Sport Psychology, John F. Kennedy University, California
- 2003 – Present: Self-employed exercise specialist and Feldenkrais® teacher
- 2004 – 2005: Ultimate Fitness Pilates instructor, Mill Valley, California
- 1992 – 1993: YMCA, Torrance, California YMCA, Santa Monica, California
- 1992 – 1993: Swiss National Handball Team/Magglingen, Switzerland
- 1986 – 1994: Switzerland TV Zofingen Handball Club, Zofingen, Switzerland
- 1985 – 1986: Gimnasio Yal-Nadann, Oaxaca, Mexico
Education & Professional Affiliations
- John F. Kennedy University, Pleasant Hill, California, Master of Arts, Sports Psychology (In Progress)
- University of California, Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine
- Member, The Feldenkrais Guild® of North America
Scheduling Sessions with Naomi
- Naomi is available for individual, group and team consultations.
- Her sessions can be scheduled at your location as she travels extensively.
- Please contact her directly to learn of upcoming sessions and locations.
- She can be reached at email@example.com or (415) 624-6442